A Day in the Life of a School Counsellor at Aadharshila Vidyapeeth School!
Morning Routine: Starting the Day with Purpose
My day begins early, often with a mindfulness exercise or a brief yoga session to center myself. This practice is crucial for maintaining my mental well-being and ensuring that I am fully present for my students. After arriving at school, I review my schedule, which includes individual counselling sessions, group therapy, and meetings with teachers and parents.
The First Bell: Welcoming Students
As students arrive, I make it a point to be visible in the hallways, greeting them with a smile and a kind word. This helps build rapport and ensures that students feel comfortable approaching me. Some students stop by my office for a quick chat, while others might need a longer, more in-depth conversation.
Lunchtime: A Moment of Connection
Lunchtime is another opportunity to connect with students outside of formal sessions. I often join students in the cafeteria or participate in lunchtime activities. These informal interactions can be just as important as structured sessions, allowing students to see me as approachable and trustworthy.
Collaborating with Teachers and Parents
A significant part of my role involves working closely with teachers and parents. I regularly attend meetings to discuss students' progress and any concerns that may arise. This collaborative approach ensures that we are all on the same page and can provide consistent support to students.
Addressing Bullying: Creating a Safe Environment
Bullying is a pervasive issue in schools, and part of my role is to address it head-on. I work with both victims and perpetrators to understand the underlying causes and develop strategies to prevent further incidents. Creating a safe and inclusive environment is paramount, and this involves educating the entire school community about the impact of bullying and promoting empathy and kindness.
.jpeg)

.jpeg)



.jpeg)
.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment